Shortcut for chapter specific information

Thursday, September 1, 2011

A sudden feeling

I suddenly feel I am quite elated with the simple questions I solved in the Data Structure class for the famous extension school.   Famous extension school is famous because its programs are one of the top of the world.  But famous extension school is still a worthwhile place to study for a moment because it charges a large sum of fee for courses.   Studying there may not be the most-valued thing in the world but the education is decent.   You can think of its graduate program as at least in the top of the 2nd tier.

Some of its graduate exhibit a trait which I dislike : that is to claim they are graduated from the university itself.   But extension school is still an extension school.  Its quality is still poorer than the core.  It's pretentious to claim you graduate from the core which only a few very talented can do. So I always refer it to the "extension school" because I don't like to brat with the name.

In such a context, being able to finish the homework with ease is a pretty encouraging thing.   That might mean I might really able to apply jobs in some Big shots company.   But well, let's wait and see.  Programming skill is something it takes time to refine.


Another interesting feeling I have when I walked home is that programming could be something fun and interesting.  Unlike work in my job which is dull and super-uncreative, a lot of programming tasks are artistic and challenging.  This makes me feel happy about my choice to admit to the famous extension school.   It really adds something positive to my life and balances out my rather s*ty work life.

No comments:

Post a Comment