Shortcut for chapter specific information

Friday, September 9, 2011

First read of Chapter 28 and 29

Browsed read Chapter 28, matrix multiplication and Chapter 29, linear programming.   Both of these topics are deeper than a chapter.  Though CLRS description is probably deeper than an usual programming book . It is also complete in the sense that it solves the major problem in those two domains.

Both of these two chapters have many practical applications.  This is a bit unlike the other chapters : I don't think I will ever use algorithms in number theory, computational geometry and integer multiplication.

A meaningful browse read is to build/re-build  connections between seemingly unrelated concepts.  Currently, I feel satisfied with that level of understanding.   As each of the advanced topic is probably a book, I won't push myself too much to really digest them.

No comments:

Post a Comment