Shortcut for chapter specific information

Friday, September 9, 2011

Lecture on Wednesday

After an exhausting Wednesday, I decided to take a good rest on Thursday.

I am glad that I went to the lecture because it taught me new things.   As I mentioned, I was able to finish the homework in a day though I am curious about the backtracking problem - how come the heuristic is so fast?  As it turns out,  what it does is to accelerate the search such that it reach to the constraints faster.

This is a good insight.  If one devise a search, the key is to always make it work with an optimizing criterion sooner such that some paths can be pruned out.   Simple insight but it's highly useful.


I also learned that I am not allowed to use POJOs in the homework.  Bummer, this won't kill me, though I might need to spend some time with the homework and revise  -  it's expected though, after all it is a graduate course.

No comments:

Post a Comment