Shortcut for chapter specific information

Monday, September 12, 2011

Changed detailed description of the blog

I have just made a change in the detailed description of this blog. So far, appealing to audience is not my key concern.  In a way, I am still struggling in going through the fundamentals of algorithms......

Life is a bit slow for me lately.   Sometimes I would have the following dark thought - I would think solving a little recurrence relationship probably won't help me in my career too much.   This is an illusion based simply on greed and impatience.  Learning a subject in either Math or Computer Science is always an epic struggle, no matter what you are learning.

In my own field, I have struggled for many years without getting my peers or my supervisors approval.  Then I realized my search has been too narrow.  Computers doesn't serve just on things like machine learning.  There are wide varieties of applications which are interesting and improve human's life.

The betterment of human's life is my true concern and life's goal.  What is better if your skill can make other people feel happy?  That's why we write game, we automate things, we attempt to control other objects, we engineer.

So I changed my description, I no longer just want to read the book CLRS.  I hope that my story of struggle and growth in the process of reading (which is well-known to be hard) can be beneficial to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment