Shortcut for chapter specific information

Monday, September 5, 2011

I have changed......

In the past, if I knew the homework set has changed, I would be so unhappy.  I would curse the instructor why he/she couldn't just stick to the old syllabus.

I have changed.   Now I see programming as a life time career.   Although I tried to avoid doing programming at work (because it's a waste of time), I do hope that I can use programming to do a lot of fascinating thing that enriched everybody's life (me included).

With that line of thinking, who cares about the 20 hours were used?  It is a good use of time because this 20 hours will mean a lot for me as a programmer.  How would I know more Java before this 20 hours? How would I know backtracking before this 20 hours.

In ZAMM, Prisig discussed education systems.  And how come a motorcycle technicians will eventually be interested in deeper knowledge such as Mathematics and Mechanics.    The answer is he no longer feel satisfied by the shallow knowledge shown to him by cheap manuals and folklorish wisdom.   He become something actively accept and reflect on how he can do better.

This is everything bit as philosophical as one goes to reflect on problems such as why life exists, why do we live or whether there is another being exists in the world.  In fact, this active absorption of knowledge may by itself, make us humans as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment