Shortcut for chapter specific information

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Skipped in Chapter 19 and Chapter 20

After a month long of lacking of momentum, I decided to skip both Chapter 19 and Chapter 20 in my reading.
Both of these topics require very solid understanding of the basic data structures.  I only have some understanding but they are not solid.  So I will skip it for now.

Does it really affect my further reading? I don't think so. Fibonacci heap is ok because it is mostly used in implementing priority queue.  I have no idea how Van de Boa trees would be used.  I guess for that reason, I don't have too much trouble to read through the graph algorithms chapters.

That will also mean I will have a 2nd browse read.  What does that mean?  After I "browse" the book once.  I will restart browsing from the chapter I hadn't do any exercises yet and start to reread from there.    For me, that would be Chapter 5.  As I already know many got stuck in the first few chapters, so the fact that I can restart from Chapter 5 means I am upgraded from the time I first start in March.

Alright, it's time to update the status.

No comments:

Post a Comment