Shortcut for chapter specific information

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chapter 23 and Chapter 24

Browsed read both Chapter 23, Minimum Spanning Tree, and Chapter 24, shortest path.  If you don't know, you would think that minimum spanning tree is a tougher problem.  In fact, due the structure of the problem, you can claim it is easier.

The graph chapters seems to be more familiar to me.  I guess that's because I have always working with graphs anyway.

I got to admit though, after the advanced data structure chapters, the book is more like seminar book rather than a text book.   There are multiple topics which are suitable to use in a graduate courses rather than in an undergraduate course.   That makes the original MIT courseware amazing because most of the students are probably in their 20s or even teens when they go through those courses.  From guys of MIT, I heard that it is a very tough course even in MIT.   Though I would say the worst students will probably be some programmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment