Shortcut for chapter specific information

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chapter25, 26 and 27

Browsed read Chapter 25, All Pairs Shortest Path Problem, 26, Maximum Flow Problem and 27, Multithread algorithms.  I don't really grok any of them but it makes me fairly excited to read on them.  In fact, it is not necessary to have previous background on 25 and 26, you can simply start to read them if you feel interested.   This taught me couple of interesting thought - you can resolve seemingly difficult problem such as shortest path problem to a cheaper alternatives.   You can also model bipartite matching with maximum flow problem.  

I feel similarly to the multithreaded algorithm chapter.   Though I don't really grok but I feel it is very exciting to learn that you can analyze a multithread program with a simple sprawn/parrallel model.   Even if the shared model is not the trend in future, I would probably still want to learn this by heart first.   Because when you think about this, what is better when you learn something and you know that they won't change?

Again, these are fairly exciting read.  I also start to see connections of earlier chapters to these advanced topics.  In fact, one can imagine the most important chapter is perhaps the dynamic programming chapter.  Once you understand that, all the graph theoretic derivation will start to make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment