Shortcut for chapter specific information

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Your Programming Jobs : a realistic look

It is tempting to think other grass is always greener.   Life is not that easy.   While I sometime feel utmost dissatisfied with my job, I do find that it could be equally tough to survive in other companies which could be highly competitive as well.

So before you decide to leave, think this through - have you done researches on other companies and make sure that they are *better*.    This type of research, in my case, not only I find that companies I admired could have poor employee's satisfaction.  They might be poorer  than or equally difficult to work in as your current company.   

A good site could be glassdoor.com which I found an amazing amount of insight could be found from the current employees of a place.   Go ahead to look at big names company, you will see that universal satisfaction is usually an illusion created deliberately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment