Shortcut for chapter specific information

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Reread TAOCP 1.1 and 1.2 Algorithms and Mathematical Preliminaries

I reread the first half on Chapter 1. i.e. Chapter1.1 and Chapter1.2.  Unlike 8 years ago, the understanding comes very easily.  I am able to understand all sections without too much difficulty.

This read makes me think :  it's always better to read Math when there are some applications.   I heard about gamma function and Bernoulli's number back in high school.   At that time, I simply don't understand why we need it except it is part of examination question.   Now, my feeling is - how can I *not* learn them?

Good, let's put all exercises under Lv25 to be material in read 3 of CLRS.  All these topics are related to Chapter 3.  I think I can handle all exercise below Lv25.

No comments:

Post a Comment