Shortcut for chapter specific information

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Finally, I finished all exercises of Chapter 2!

Just finished P2.4d.  So I finally finished Chapter 2! Phew.  Geez.  It's a quite a bit of work.  But I finally finished all exercises in Chapter 2.  Of course, my learning is way more than just that - I also learn how to write 8 algorithms.   In fact 6 of them can be regarded as separate algorithms.

After chapter Ex. P2.2 and Ex. P2.3, I realized that there are more things remained to learned.   For example, the concept of loop invariants are not something I have drilled thoroughly. Though my proof in bubble sort is correct.  So my loop variants proof for selection and insertion sort are likely to be wrong.    So I will need to rewrite them. 

It's also quite important to implement algorithm suggested by the exercises.  For most of time, one can pick up bugs from the original pseudocode.  

In any case, I will update the status first but the complementary reading list for Chapter 2 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment