Shortcut for chapter specific information

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chapter 35: Approximation Algorithms

This is a simpler chapter than Chapter 35 as it describe approximations of many NPC problem. (Ah. start to change the habit of calling an algorithm NPC instead of NP.)

As with many later chapters, it is not a chapter I fully grok.  But as always, skimming through a chapter of CLRS always teach your a lot of thing invaluable in computer science.  For example, now I have the notion of what approximation is and what type of varieties it can have.

In any case, this particular read follow the theme I have these days: Try to finish 1 round of browse read first, then deepen.   During the lighter read, I don't have to learn all the things in the book - I just need to make sure I got some basic understanding of the topic.  So talking about it, it's probably ok. But using it will take time to reiterate on a topic.  In another words, I leave the grokking a little bit later.

Okay.  I finally finished the first browse -read, it's time to rethink how I should proceed with the book.




No comments:

Post a Comment