Shortcut for chapter specific information

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chapter 34 NP-Completeness

This is a very tough part of the book.  It's also very similar to many books I read in computational theory.  It's perhaps because there is no definitive answer (yet) on the relationship between the class P and NPC.   At the very least I think I understand how P and NPC is defined now.  This seems to give me at least a grip of what's going on when people are talking.   Many people just talk on this kind of things and it's rather easy to talk.  I actually find that most of the proofs are rather difficult and it's not easy to grasp.   Let's see if I can sense honesty next time.

I also learned that boolean satisfiability is an important problem because all problems need to reduce to boolean satisfaibility before they can be proved NPC.  This is an important concept.  So next time, when I read it, I will put more attention.

I am very closed to finish the first browse read of the book.   Did I understand everything in algorithms yet? Absolutely not.  Oh well, at least I learn some basic sorting algorithm and recursion.  They will be useful for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment