Shortcut for chapter specific information

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Daily Practice 20110615(a)

Insertion Sort 76            (C): Good
Insertion Sort w Sentinel 16 (C): Good
Selection Sort 36            (C): Good
Merge Sort 19                (C): Bad
Linear Search 9              (C): Bad
Binary Search 8              (C): Bad
 
Implement the first 6 algorithms for daily practice and it last for about an hour. After merge sort, I start to lose my focus and simple things such as linear search and binary search starts to feel tough. So I need one-off debug.  

My weakness is still on C-level syntax.  It worths the time to brush it up.  But in terms of algorithm I think I still fully grok the 6. 

Here are the two tougher ones which are bubble sort and binary_insertion_sort.  Bubble sort is easy to implement but I always mix it up with insertion sort.  Whereas binary insertion sort is plain right to complicated to implement. 

Let's split them into the second half.  Then I will also work out 4-1.3 on route.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment