Shortcut for chapter specific information

Friday, July 1, 2011

CLRS Solution Checking

I have started a sporadic effort on checking the solutions of my own work.  Of course, it is done in a very slow pace given my schedule.

I tend to believe that many people abuse homework solutions because I saw a lot of my College classmates did that.  It is probably the least honorable thing to do though many people did that to survive college.

At the same time,  I think posting solutions will probably not make this situation of plagarism better or worse.   In our work, copying a solution but not understanding it will always make one suffer.   For good and bad, many of my classmates didn't end up going deep in technical job.  For those who copied without thinking, they probably won't generate too much of deep thought neither.

Saying so, I would be more circumspect when I post my solutions.  For example, I hope to cross check my work with couple of other sources before I put them out.   I also want to release them slowly such that it gives me some time to churn on it and discover mistakes and alternative solution.

So after some thoughts, I still decide to release solutions but it would be 5 chapters at a time.  It has to be good work and has reasonable degree of scholarship. 

33_F

No comments:

Post a Comment