Shortcut for chapter specific information

Friday, April 22, 2011

Status at 20110422 (b)

I was able to break my reading block on heap sort.  Then I cruised through chapter 7 on quick sort and come to chapter 8.   I believe 6, 7, 8 are advanced topics which require good background in theory.  So reread is necessary.   There are topics which I feel blurry - that include priority queue and the analysis of quick sort.  Those are very important but not easy to fully understand.

I also reread the material about merge sort and Chapter 3 again.   Now I get them.  My mind just wasn't ready for them.  In fact, this is a very good book to own because once you finished Chapter 2 and drill it seriously.  You already know 4 basic comparison sorting algorithm by heart, one even has performance in theta(nlogn).

Browse Read: 200/1144
Exercises up to 2.2-3

33_P
(Correction: there are only 1144 pages in the 3rd edition.)

No comments:

Post a Comment